Friday, May 30, 2014

About

I didn't realize the importance of relaxation until I tried to hand-pump my breasts at a Dave Matthews Band concert.

I became a mom at 26, in January of 2014.

By day, I'm an editor at a food magazine. I'm a mom, blogger, home cook, reader, wine lover, wife, Pittsburgh-born and Wisonsin-living cheese lover and party animal. (Not really, no. Not that last one.)

Post partum depression hit me hard around 6 months after my daughter was born. I'm making it my mission to find the funny in therapy.

I try to make life beautiful for my family.

My husband and I have two dogs, who have fallen dramatically in the chain of command since we brought our daughter home from the hospital.

A high-school guidance counselor told me, when I was 15, that there was "something zen" about me. She then proceeded to give me career advice that I would never follow.

I believe motherhood is 100% the noblest of pursuits, whether you are able to pursue it full-time or not.

I do have a knack for being pretty chill, and I hope that that rubs off on you, too. Cause we all know motherhood could use some relaxation.

*Note: This blog not intended to be a substitute for a hot tub and a bottle of wine. But when those are out of reach, see me.



Let's talk: zenmastermama at gmail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment