Monday, August 4, 2014

Hot Mommy Tip #3: How to Make a DIY Bottle-Drying Rack

Alright, now's the part where you get to know just how cheap I am. Or frugal. Let's go with frugal.

I've always eyed up these grassy bottle-drying rack thingies at Target. But I've never pulled the trigger. $15 for something that's gonna sit on my counter and get wet? Nah. I should've registered for one, but pregnant me didn't realize what a large part of my mommy-life washing and drying bottles would be.

So here's my thrifty solution. It goes with my overall kitchen/household philosophy: Everything must multitask. How are you supposed to multitask if your tools don't? I'm talking utensils, appliances, bowls, cups, knives, everything.

Invest the couple of dollars in a silicone potholder or two. Like this. You can use it as a trivet, a pot holder and a bottle drying rack. You'll get a lot more use out of it. Trust me.

Here's what mine looks like:

Maybe not as pretty, but sure a lot more worth your $15 (or less) than the grassy thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment